Effective Date: June 28, 2018
SURCO® Portable Sanitation Products (“SURCO”, “Company”, “Our”, “We”, or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Site Is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, do not provide any information about yourself on the Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- personal identifying information such as name, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (including mobile devices) and date of birth (”Personal Information”);
- information which is about you, but does not identify you individually (“Aggregate Information”).
We collect this information from you in the following ways:
- Voluntarily from you when you (1) submit requests for information about our Products; (2) submit requests for our Newsletter; and (3) submit information thru our Contact page.
- As described in the section immediately below, as you navigate through our Site, information is collected automatically, which may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
As you use our Site, we may use automatic data technologies to gather and log information about your equipment and navigation patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including the resources that you access and use;
- Your IP address, browser type, operating system and internet service provider
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of data written to your hard drive when you visit our Sites that contain information such as a user or session ID to track the pages you have visited so you do not have re-enter your ID information throughout your visit;
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit, for example, statistics on the number of users who have visited those pages and the popularity of certain content on our Site.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine your online activity, prepare reports and use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We do NOT collect Personal Information automatically. Information and data collected automatically is collected and used in aggregate form only.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
SURCO collects Personal Information and Aggregate Information from you for a number of reasons, including:
- To respond to your inquiry about our products and services or about becoming a distributor;
- To provide you with information through e-mails from MAILCHIMP about the products and services offered on our Site that we believe may be of interest to you based on your inquiries, including any new products and services;
- to contact you to secure additional information that is needed to better serve you;
- to notify you about changes to our Sites;
- to detect or resolve problems with our Site, to assist with customer support, to provide security and to protect against fraud
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
SURCO acknowledges that even though you may initially consent to our processing and use of your Personal Information, you want to withdraw your consent from time to time. You may withdraw your consent for the processing or use of your Personal Information entirely or in part at any time by contacting us at SURCO®, 292 Alpha Drive, RIDC Industrial Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 or call us at 412-252-7000. International #: 1-412-252-7000.
HOW AGGREGATE INFORMATION IS USED
- for system maintenance, to perform surveys and to gain a better understanding how our Site is used;
- to help us develop new products and services and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to improve the services we offer on our Site by customizing the advertising and content you see on the Sites
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you as follows:
- to affiliates and related entities of SURCO;
- to contractors and service providers, including MAILCHIMP, that we use to perform specific functions or our business and our Site. Such third-parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by us;;
- to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce our Terms of Service;
- where such disclosure is needed to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, Clients or others.
Aggregate Information is shared with third-parties for research or marketing purposes. You understand that Aggregate Information does not identify you individually and can be used and shared by us without restriction
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SURCO will retain and store your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected and processed, including any legal, tax or regulatory reason. Following such time period, we will either delete the Personal Information or anonymize it. We follow commercially reasonable and generally accepted industry practices to protect the Personal Information you provide through our Site and maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected., Additionally, our Site and databases are deployed on third-party hosting providers that are also protected by network and security monitoring systems that notify the Company of occurrences that might represent security issues. However, because no method transmission over the internet is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of these safeguards.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, users of the Site who are residents of California can obtain certain information about the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to us at: SURCO®, 292 Alpha Drive, RIDC Industrial Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 or call us at 412-252-7000. International #: 1-412-252-7000.
CITIZENS OF EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) protects the personal data collected from citizens of European Union Member States. (“EU”) If you are an individual and provide us with personal data while located in the EU, you have particular rights under the GDPR. These rights include:
- You have the right to access the personal data we collect from you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to ensure that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data we are processing;
- The right to erasure. In certain situations, you have the right to ensure that we erase your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing. In certain situation, you have the right to ensure we restrict our processing of your personal data;
- The right of data portability. In certain situations, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and machine-readable format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact SURCO®, 292 Alpha Drive, RIDC Industrial Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15238 or call us at 412-252-7000. International #: 1-412-252-7000.
HOW TO CONTACT US